How SERVPRO Can help Banks in the Chambersburg area
SERVPRO of Chambersburg often preforms services aside from the standard fire and water damage. An example is SERVPRO of Chambersburg has worked with many banks regarding providing estimate, cleaning services, emptying out property and mold remediation on bank owned homes. When homeowner leaves the property due to failure to pay or foreclosure the homeowner can cause major destruction from anger. SERVPRO of Chambersburg has seen it all. From tubs, toilets, sinks filled with fecal matter to hoarding left behind. SERVPRO of Chambersburg can provide quick and efficient clean up services. In addition is the water/mold damage. When the property is unattended for a length of time as the bank manager do not have the time to do weekly inspection the property can suffer a water damage that progresses into mold.
Call SERVPRO of Chambersburg to schedule an estimate regarding your bank owned property.
No Job is too Big for SERVPRO
When choosing a company to provide you service it's best to choose someone who can adapt to any size of job you may have in the future. The SERVPRO system is a franchise system that has a variety of different level of operators with a variety of experts. From a residential hot water heater to a local area middle school fire SERVPRO can be the one brand you know you can call on.
The SERVPRO Extreme Team is a traveling group who will relocate to a disaster area to perform work on a huge commercial job. This is where the large trailers come into the location with a strong management team who can oversee the work of hundreds of employees to clean every inch of a school fire in a short period of time. They specialized in commercial projects that exceed $500,000.
Why Realtors Should Choose SERVPRO
For sale, use SERVPRO to help close that deal.
In today's real estate market, you can have an edge with a reputation for having quality listings whether it be a commercial or residential listing. You also want the ability to move a sale through quickly to get your commission. Presentation is everything.
SERVPRO of Chambersburg professionals can assist you in many different ways to make this sale the best! We can assist you in inspecting a crawl space/attic area for mold, water, or biohazard damage and also replace the vapor barrier if needed. We can assist in estate sales in the case of hoarder clean outs with optional inventory itemization and cleaning services.
A SERVPRO of Chambersburg professional can attend your next sales meeting to discuss how to recognize the potential for mold and what to do in case of a fire or water emergency.
So before you risk the opportunity to close the sale of the property, call Chambersburg 717-261-0310.
SERVPRO Storm Teams in Action 2018
In September and October, our Disaster Recovery Teams went into action, responding to those in need after the devastation left by Hurricanes Florence and Michael. DH Storm was activated for response to North Carolina wherein they mobilized 343 crews from 133 Franchises across the country.
Less than one month after Florence devastated North Carolina, Hurricane Michael hit the Florida Panhandle as a Category 4 Storm. Storm Team Wilson quickly activated to assist those impacted by this major Hurricane. So far, Team Wilson has activated 115 crews from 51 Franchises.
We continue to hear about how SERVPRO Green is everywhere in impacted areas. SERVPRO is truly making an impact on those affected by these natural disasters. Both events are on-going and we certainly appreciate all the Storm Heroes that have dedicated their time and effort to the SERVPRO Brand while sacrificing weeks and months away from their families back home.
How To Maintain Your Sump Pump
If your home has a wet basement, you’re not alone. The American Society of Home Inspectors estimates that more than 60 percent of homes have issues with water in the basement.
A sump pump can be an effective option for preventing water damage. Sump pumps are low-maintenance devices, but you can help keep your unit operational by inspecting it regularly. Steps in a regular maintenance program can include:
- Checking the discharge line to make sure it is not stopped up or frozen. If necessary, unclog the air vent hole in the line.
- Checking the inlet screen to ensure that it’s not clogged with residue and debris. Do these three or four times per year.
- Making sure the float component is unobstructed and can move smoothly.
- Scanning the pit and removing any visible debris, mud, or stones.
- Testing the pump by slowly pouring a bucket of water into the pit. The float should rise with the water level, triggering the unit to start pumping. If pumping doesn’t begin, check to see that the unit is plugged in. Your float switch or check valve might also be at fault.
- Going outside to see that water is discharging and flowing where it’s supposed to go – well away from your home.
Once a year, disconnect the pump from the power source and remove the unit. Flush it thoroughly with water to remove debris. While you have the pump out, also clean debris from the sump pit. Reinstall the pump and reconnect the power source. Test the unit by pouring a bucket of water into the pit and making sure the pump starts. If your unit has backup battery power, replace the battery every two to three years, or as directed by the manufacturer. Always refer to your pump’s instruction manual for specific information about maintenance and operation.
In addition to maintenance your pump ensure that you have the property coverage for a failure. It's not always a standard item to be included in your policy and some coverage will have a $5,000 or $10,000 limit.
If your sump pump does fails Call (717)-261-0310 and a team from SERVPRO of Chambersburg will come out and dry your basement and all other areas that are wet.
Black Mold, Green Mold , Musty Smell.. What's that mean?
Some of the devices used during a remediation.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. To establish a baseline testing will need to be performed in the areas of concern. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (717) 261-0310
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
Your Business Flooded. What Now?
An example of one of the machines you may see on a large water job.
If your business has been hit by a flood, it’s important to act quickly to minimize damage and reduce disaster recovery costs. First things first: call your insurance provider, and then attend to the 3 Be’s.
Don’t enter your building until you know it’s safe.
- Check for electrical hazards; turn off power if possible
- Check for structural damage
- Wear protective gear: boots, gloves and respirators
- Check for biohazards that may contaminate the flood water, such as lead paint and asbestos
- Mold starts growing in as little as 48 hours, so begin water removal ASAP. Open windows and use air movers to remove moisture from the air
- Once standing water is removed, check for concealed pockets of water: under carpets and padding, between layers of building materials, behind trim and walls, under cabinets and furniture, and in mechanical spaces
- Address contaminants. If the flood water is laden with bacteria or chemicals, you’ll need to bring in an expert on biohazards, like SERVPRO of Chambersburg, to evaluate, treat and inspect your building and property
When you have suffered a flood or other water disaster at your home or business, call SERVPRO of Chambersburg 717-261-0310
- To help with your insurance claims, document everything with photos or video—structural damage, water-damaged property and discarded items—both before and after cleanup. (SERVPRO of Chambersburg will document your entire job and work with your insurer for the smoothest, fastest claim process.)
- Clean all salvageable material and apply disinfectants on contaminated items.
- Confirm that all building material is 100% dry before beginning reconstruction
Or ... Call SERVPRO
Recovering from a commercial flood is stressful, time-consuming and can be disastrous when you factor in your business’s downtime. But you can be sure that all the details are handled quickly and professionally when you call SERVPRO of Chambersburg after a commercial water disaster.
See before and after water damage photos: https://www.SERVPROchambersburg.com/before-after-photos/water-damage-restoration
Own an Older Home? These Fire Risks May Be Lurking
If your house is more than 40 years old, it can harbor some unseen fire risks. If you learn about them ahead of time, you can take action to prevent a fire from starting—and keep your home sweet home safe for many more years to come.
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission(CPSC), there are about 46,000 fires involving home electrical systems each year, and the majority of those could be prevented with a routine inspection. The CPSC says that in many cases, homes that were built between 40 and 100 years ago hadn't been inspected since they were built.
Be alert to obvious warning signs of a failing electrical system:
- flickering or dim lights
- a shrinking of your television picture
- frequent power outages
- unusual sounds like sizzles or burning smells
- any kind of electrical shock
- damaged insulation
- warm or hot outlets or switches
- reliance on extension cords for everyday use
If you can't remember the last time your electrical system was inspected, hire a certified electrician or electrical inspector to prevent a potential disaster. Even if you've had an inspection less than a decade ago, you should contact a professional immediately if you start to notice the warning signs of a bad electrical system. Hire only a licensed and insured electrician to do electrical work.
All-In-One Restoration Company Clean up and Repairs
One of the fire jobs that's in it's finishing stages.
A company that offers mitigation and restoration services can reduce the workload on insurance agents and adjusters while simplifying the claim process for property owners. Relying on a one-stop shop may make miscommunication less likely, prevent scheduling conflicts and allow for a faster and more thorough restoration job. Depending on a single service also means that the initial estimate is likely to be more accurate.
These restoration services set SERVPRO franchises apart from independent companies. The business model means that each location has the backing of a national corporation and the ability to call on nearby locations for additional personnel and equipment. A single estimate from a service that can clean up damage and rebuild a commercial property can also be more convenient for insurance agents, adjusters, and clients.
Since SERVPRO of Chambersburg has opened in 2010 we have been provided customer the start to finish work. With owner Marlin Myers background as a general contractor is the expert in the matter regarding processes and codes for reconstruction. Any old handmade may be able to do some kind of repair but it's important to have a licence, experienced and knowledgeable company handling the task.
All-In-One Restoration Company Clean up and Repairs
One of the fire jobs that's in it's finishing stages.
A company that offers mitigation/cleanup and restoration services can reduce the workload on insurance agents and adjusters while make things easier the claim process for property owners. Trusting on a one-stop shop may make miscommunication less likely, prevent scheduling conflicts and allow for a faster and more thorough restoration job. Depending on a single company as a project manager also means that the initial estimate is likely to be more precise.
These restoration services set SERVPRO of Chambersburg apart from independent company (mom and pop shops). The business model means that each location has the backing of a national corporation and the ability to call on nearby locations for additional personnel and equipment.
Contact SERVPRO of Chambersburg today to schedule an estimate for your the rebuild of your property due to water, fire, mold, hail and storm. 717-261-0310